Saturday, December 15, 2012

Just to prove I did it...

No laughing please...ok, maybe just a little laughing!


The woman leading the front of the line of dancing is Auntie Lydia.  She and Uncle Enoch live around the corner from us and Don had the privilege of meeting them a few years ago on his first trip to Ghana.  They have been gracious hosts answering many of our questions, having us over for a Ghanaian dinner, and even having our family over a couple times to play soccer in their grass yard.  (Enoch even jumped in both games and enjoyed running around with the kids playing soccer and baseball.)

As you can see, we were not the only ubrunis at church this last Sunday.  A very sweet mother and daughter are visiting Accra from Orlando for 2 weeks and spent a few days staying with Uncle Enoch and Auntie Lydia in our neighborhood.  Since Lydia is a doctor and works some late nights at the neighborhood clinic, we had the privilege of having their guests over for dinner a couple times and having them join us for church.  We've done our best to share our 3 weeks of "expertise" with them and look forward to chatting with them some more in a few days after they've experienced a different part of Ghana then we have.  Needless to say, it was nice to have company for my first time out on the church dance floor. 

This dance I lovingly call the "Chicken" dance.  (I'm sure you will see why.)  I wish you could see the beautiful Ghanaian women on the other side of me doing this part of the dance.  They do it with such beauty, grace, and finesse.  I...however...do the ubruni mama version of it...which can best be described as the "chicken" dance.


Oh...and these friends from Orlando gave me an early Christmas present.  I'm kind of in love with these now.


The kids think its incredibly unfair that I won't share even one.  I feel for them...I really do...but I'm still not sharing...not even one...


2 comments:

  1. Totally understand. I'm not so keen on sharing special treats myself! Enjoy those delicious drops of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go erin! i think you did great :) and i'm so glad you have some yummy treats for just you! love you so much.

    ReplyDelete