Friday, March 1, 2013

"Gigo"

I went to a lizard funeral this week...

It was a first for me...


His name was "Geiko" (as in Geiko insurance) only it was spelled "Gigo" and he was the smallest lizard we've seen to date (about 1.5 inches).  He was caught in the middle of the night...in the bathroom...by our resident lizard catcher (Libby)...

There was singing...and gifts...and speeches...I was asked to give one.

I'm pretty sure the last 12 hours of Gigo's life were the best...probably much better than most lizards can boast...

He had the total love and devotion of 5 precious children...


And the thing I love about these little parenting moments?   I LOVE when I see my FATHER in these moments.  A tiny creature...who did nothing but be in a place that he probably wasn't really even wanted...yet he was chosen...he was given a name...he was given an identity...he was lavished with love...he was honored at death...  A sweet picture of the undeserving love I receive every day from my Heavenly Father.  

3 comments:

  1. I pray I should be so loved at my passing......
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I so LOVE reading your blog Erin! We love and miss your family desperately!! You are always in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete