Thursday, December 6, 2012

All on a day's walk...

Right now we live in an area where there aren't many other white people...actually, I don't think there are ANY other white people. So I'm trying really hard not to be the obnoxious American always snapping pictures. Sometimes I hand Libby the camera (she took most of the church pictures)...for some reason that feels less obnoxious to me. But other times I just have to take a mental image. There are times I just want to document the things we see so I may jot them down here.

On our walks for instance...

We walk the same two routes every other day. But each time, we may be surprised by what we see. On Saturdays walk to the roadside, we saw a man carrying a 40lb bag of something (rice?) on his bicycle, a lady walking down the street with a sewing machine on her head, another lady walking with two very large wash basins on her head...stacked on top of each other, and a large turquoise Oktoberfest blow up chair in someone's yard...?!?

All on a day's walk... :)

1 comment:

  1. As our professor in our French class keeps saying about weird things, "C'est Bizarre!!"

    ReplyDelete